This is a salad I like to make on a weeks where I incorporate chicken breast and bacon into my or Dan's meal prep. It is tasty enough to make alone, but why not get the most out of your cooking time.
For example I will make a batch of rosemary chicken breast and serve it the night of with roasted veggies and sweet potatoes and use the rest of the chicken for this salad during the week. Same thing with bacon, I made a bacon, spinach and mushhroom frittata, and made enough bacon to have extra.
1.Bake chicken breast seasoned with salt pepper and rosemary at 350 for 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F
2. Bake bacon in oven on lined baking sheet at 350 for 10 minutes per side, checking often not to burn. Cool on paper towels.
3. Put eggs in pot over with water an boil for 8-12 minutes depending on how soft you like your yolks. Run under cold water until cool.
1. Chop washed romaine and place in bowl
2. Chop cucumber in halves or quarters and place on top
3. Slice 1/2 of chicken breast and place on top
4. Chop bacon into bite size pieces pale on top
5. Slice hard boiled egg place on top
6. Slice and scoop out 1/2 avocado and place on top
7. Place cherry tomatoes or chopped tomato on top
-Im a simple girl and will drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper and call it a day.
-Option to combine olive oil, lemon juice with and a teaspoon of dijon. and option to add an additional 2 teaspoons of primal kitchen mayo to the dressing to give it a real BLT feel. combine with salt and pepper in jar and shake or wish to combine.